Part Time Retail Associate needed 18-24 hours a week
* MUST have retail customer experience and have the ability to work weekends.
*Please do not call the Gallery with questions. Email us at the address provided at the bottom of the listing.
The Cashier will be responsible for providing excellent customer service, efficiently and accurately processing cash receipts, daily sales, product merchandising and stocking as needed. Other miscellaneous tasks and special projects may be assigned.
• Available to work during hours of 10am-8pm. (shift times vary) Must be available to work every second Thursday night of the month for the Downtown Los Angeles Artwalk.
• Any art gallery experience and knowledge of vintage cameras are extremely beneficial to us.
• MUST have 2 years prior retail experience.
• Highly motivated and extremely reliable.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills. (No grumpy gus's please, if you don't like people, please don't apply!)
• Instagram photo experience a huge plus.
• On time! Excellent time management.
• Ability to regularly walk or stand for periods up to 6-7 hours .
• Friendly, able to interact kindly with customers.
• Reliable transportation to work .
• Organized and analytical.
• Detail oriented.
• Creative problem solver.
• Thrive in fast pace environments.
• Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
• Answer any telephone calls and process any messages
• Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
• Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
• Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash or credit payment.
• Receive incoming deliveries.
• Maintain records related to sales.
• Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
• Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
• Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
• Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
• Exchange merchandise for customers.
• Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
• Prepare merchandise for purchase.
Please send resume and work/ salary history to Jena@FOLDdtla.com. Be sure to include a cover letter that tells a bit about you, why you feel you are a good candidate for this job and why you are interested in working for our store. In your cover letter, please confirm that you are seeking a year-round, part-time position and are comfortable with the number of hours and days of the week we are offering.
*Resume's with out cover letters will not be considered.
Please answer to the following questions in your cover letter:
How many years of Retail Sales experience do you have?
Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
Are you in Los Angeles, CA 90013?
Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Are you able to commute to this job's location?